Money Advice Trust
We are a national charity helping people across the UK to tackle their debts and manage their money with confidence.
In 2020, our National Debtline and Business Debtline advisers provided help to more than 160,000 people by phone and webchat, with 1.9 million visits to our advice websites.
We have a strong set of values that we live by: be balanced, be supportive, be innovative.
These values are reflected in our strategy, and the way we do things on a daily basis – find out more here. We are a Living Wage Employer.
Wellbeing at the Trust
The Trust is committed to the wellbeing of our staff. This culture of wellbeing is present throughout the organisation, is championed by our leadership team and supported by a range of benefits. Our comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme offers access to personalised, on-demand support from mental health, financial and legal experts.
Our free Healthcare Cash plan scheme provides cash back towards healthcare costs such as dental, optical and other therapies, including physio, acupuncture and reflexology.
We also have a Wellbeing Hub where colleagues can access a variety of apps and tools to support physical and mental wellbeing.
We have recently invested in a total refurbishment of both our offices in Birmingham and London to ensure a modern, fresh feel. At our Birmingham office, there is a free onsite gym, breakout area with pool table and wide screen TV and both sites have free hot and cold drinks selections.
How we make a difference
Our work enables people across the UK to tackle their debts and manage their money with confidence.
We do this by:
- providing free advice to support people and small businesses to manage their debts themselves through our National Debtline and Business Debtline services.
- Improving quality in the money advice sector through training and tools developed and delivered through our Wiseradviser service.
- Influencing policy and practice to improve the UK’s money and debt environment through our campaigns and partnership working.
Thanks for checking out our job openings. See something that interests you? Apply here.
The people we help are really important to us and this is why we have a robust induction programme that will let you know who we are and how we run our services and departments. In addition to this we have a six-week Giving Good Debt Advice induction programme that all our debt advisers will complete.
We have in place a comprehensive upskilling programme for Triage Advisers to move up to specialist roles with National Debtline and Business Debtline, with full training and support provided along the way. As a growing organisation, we also have opportunities to advance to other roles via promotion, transfer or secondment, and we also offer apprenticeships for some roles.
As well as this our Wiseradviser service delivers debt advice training for all of our debt advisers that enables them to update and maintain their high standards of customer service and debt advice provision. These services are available as e-learning modules as well as classroom delivery modules.
We also encourage learning and development through a variety of other formats such as coaching, seminars, conferences, secondments, shadowing, and qualifications.
Learning and development
Our continued success depends upon achieving our objectives which are set annually and reviewed regularly in one-to-ones with your line manager. We will support and encourage you to develop your potential and to realise your aspirations for role and career progression.
Working at the trust
WORKING AT THE TRUST
Our staff are really important to us and in return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a generous set of benefits as standard:
- 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays, plus the option to use a day’s leave each quarter as a duvet day
- A contributory pension scheme
- Generous life assurance
- Health and wellbeing programme including: a healthcare cash plan for help with everyday medical and general health costs which includes an online fitness and wellbeing app, a free onsite gym at the Birmingham office, as well as access to a service offering personalised, on-demand support from a team of mental health, financial and legal experts plus consideration of working from home for many roles.
- Enhanced Maternity Pay
- Reward and recognition scheme including rewards for living our values
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend scheme
You can also choose from a great range of other benefits including:
- Childcare vouchers
- Season ticket loans
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount scheme for goods/services/entertainment
- Discounted gym membership
Our Social Committee arranges a variety of events and activities throughout the year. This includes Christmas and Summer gatherings for colleagues based at our Birmingham office and for colleagues based in our London office.
Our equity, diversity and inclusion commitment
The Trust is committed to supporting and driving the creation of a community and culture that is inclusive of all our people. Find out more.
A Living Wage Employer
The Money Advice Trust is proud to be a Living Wage employer, having been accredited in April 2015. This means that every member of staff in our organisation earns not just the minimum wage but the Living Wage. For more visit www.livingwage.org.uk
Fostering friendly employer
The Trust is a fostering friendly employer, supporting employees who are or wish to become foster carers. Find out more here.