We are committed to providing a professional, supportive and confidential service to all those who seek our help. We aim to ‘get it right first time’ but we are aware that mistakes can sometimes happen.
If you are not happy with the service you have received, we are genuinely keen to hear from you. This will not only allow us to try to resolve your problem, it will also help us avoid it happening again.
Complaints about our services
If your complaint is about our National Debtline Service, please follow the National Debtline complaints process here.
If your complaint is about our Business Debtline Service, please follow the Business Debtline complaints process here.
If your complaint is about our Wiseradviser Service, please follow the Wiseradviser complaints process here.
How to complain about the Money Advice Trust
You can contact us by:
In writing: Money Advice Trust, 21 Garlick Hill, London EC4V 2AU
Telephone: 020 7653 9741
It is helpful if you can let us know:
- What went wrong
- When it happened
- Who you dealt with
- What you think we should do to make things right
- Your full name, address and telephone number
How we handle complaints
- We will always try to resolve a problem at the time you raise it with us.
- If we need more time to look into your complaint, we will send you an acknowledgement within five working days and tell you when we expect to contact you again. We will also enclose a copy of this procedure.
- We would expect in nearly all cases to send a letter explaining our response to your complaint within 10 working days. If we can’t do this, we will send you an update.
- Our aim is to send a final response within eight weeks of receiving a complaint. If this isn’t possible, we will write to explain why and tell you when we will respond.
What to do if we can’t reach an agreement
If we take more than eight weeks to send a final response, or you don’t think we have resolved your complaint, you can contact the Charity Commission.
The details are:
The Charity Commission
Telephone: 0300 066 9197